Laser Treatment for Skin Conditions
Laser skin resurfacing is a procedure that is used to treat several different skin conditions. The procedure resurfaces skin to improve texture, clarity and overall appearance. Some of the conditions that are treated by laser skin resurfacing include, but are not limited to acne scarring, hyperpigmentation, sun damage, age spots, dynamic and static wrinkles and scars.
- Acne & Acne Scarring: Most often times, the initial response to acne is to start buying creams, lotions, cleansers, and antibiotics to try and stop the break outs. Acne leads to scars if it is severe enough or not taken care of properly. Different medications can be harmful, but laser skin resurfacing for acne and acne scars has provided a safe method for treating difficult cases of acne without severe side effects. Laser resurfacing can even treat existing scars by smoothing out the skin. Superficial scars may even begin to disappear.
- Hyperpigmentation & Birthmarks: Laser skin resurfacing can penetrate deep into the skin removing multiple layers of skin rather than just the top layer. Don’t be embarrassed any longer by dark spots and birthmarks. Laser skin resurfacing is a great way to remove these pigmented areas and gain back your confidence.
- Sun Damage: Extensive burning or sun tanning can lead to an increase in freckles and moles that are found to be unsightly. Laser skin resurfacing can erase years of skin damage in just one hour.
- Age Spots: Sometimes referred to as liver spots are areas of darker pigmented skin that often appear as large dark freckles. Normally caused from long term sun damage, age spots can also occur from bruising that leaves behind pigment. Laser skin resurfacing can bring back a youthful look by nearly erasing age spots.
- Dynamic &Static Wrinkles: Dynamic wrinkles are the kind that appear as folds when the skin is not moving from the signs of expression and change in appearance. Static wrinkles are visible at all times and do not change with expression. Laser skin resurfacing will smooth out the fine lines to create a soft youthful look.
- Scars: As a result of acne or other injury, scars can make a person feel self-concious about their appearance. Scars that give off a wavy appearance to the skin, are pitted, discolored or have raised borders can be treated with laser skin resurfacing.